Pre-Closing Inspection Checklist
closing, you will want to revisit the property to ensure it is in the
condition that it was in at the time of your offer.
You should optimally do this 1 hour, or so, before you intend to
close. Make sure this right to do a final inspection is included in your
offer to purchase the home.
Be sure that:
- Repairs you’ve requested have been made. Obtain
copies of paid bills and any related warranties.
- All items that were included in the sale price —
draperies, lighting fixtures — are still there.
- Screens and storm windows are in place or stored.
- All appliances, included the contract, have remained.
- Locate smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, as
required by law.
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air
Conditioning) is working.
- Check fuel tank levels - this amount should equal the
amount that is prorated at closing.
- No plants or shrubs have been removed from the yard.
- Garage door opener and any other remote controls are
available, if applicable.
- Instruction books and warranties on appliances and
fixtures are there.
- All personal items of the sellers and all debris have
been removed from both the inside and the outside of the house.
- All outbuildings and sheds are empty, except for
agreed upon items.
©Copyright 2016 Brenda Jones Real Estate Group
Licensed in the State of Vermont